SPOKE Custom Products
Finding the right strategic partner
SPOKE Custom Products has been acquired by Polyconcept, the largest global supplier of promotional products
Based in Norcross, Georgia, SPOKE Custom Products (“SPOKE” or “the Company”) is a print-on-demand (“POD”) provider of high-quality, customized products sold business-to-business to online retailers and promotional products distributors, and direct-to-consumer through some of the largest global marketplaces, retailers, and e-commerce platforms.
The Company was an early entrant in the North American POD market and has built a reputation as a reliable fulfiller, offering the highest print quality and service reliability in the industry. Since its inception, SPOKE has added over a dozen different product categories, driving significant growth while becoming a one-stop-shop for online retailers that require print-on-demand expertise. The Company prints across a wide range of product categories, including drinkware, phone cases, blankets, towels, puzzles, flip flops, socks, stickers, clocks, and notebooks.
With facilities in the eastern and western United States, SPOKE has a nimble manufacturing footprint that allows for short and efficient shipping times to customers across the country.
The acquisition of SPOKE offers Polyconcept the unique opportunity to leverage its core strengths in product development, sourcing, supply chain, and decoration across the fast-growing POD market.
Ownership seeks a strategic buyer to help take SPOKE to the next level.
You did a wonderful job and we really appreciate the effort you put into this. Great work. – C3 Capital, majority owner
M&A Transaction Process
Vermillion worked closely with SPOKE to prepare the Company for its sale prior to going to market. Vermillion advised the Company on several strategic initiatives and decisions, including:
- Finding the right buyer. Vermillion reached out to a wide range of financial and strategic buyers and orchestrated a competitive process for the sellers.
- Worked closely with management to develop a comprehensive growth plan focused on capturing new customers as well as highlighting growth through new product categories.
- Prepared the Company’s management team for critical meetings with buyers.
- Worked collaboratively with both the seller and buyer to overcome unforeseen challenges that arose in the process.
- Managed the due diligence process.
Through a targeted marketing process, SPOKE was sold to Polyconcept, the world’s largest supplier of promotional products, operating on five continents and selling to over 100 countries around the globe.